Like any city, Elk Grove has ordinances to keep our city residents safe while also enhancing the quality of life and providing excellent services for our community. The nuisance code is a method to prevent, discourage and/or abate certain conditions which endanger the life, health, property, safety, or welfare of the general public and to provide staff with enforcement regulations. Typical common nuisances include:
- Accumulation of junk and rubbish
- Basketball hoops and other sporting equipment in the public right of way
- Overgrown trees, shrubs, and weeds
- Vehicle maintenance in a residential area
- Garbage cans in the public right of way
The property owner will be contacted to advise them of the situation and facilitate corrections as necessary. Fees may be assessed for failure to comply and an administrative citation may be issued. Click here for a complete copy of Title 16.
If you notice a property with an unmaintained swimming pool or pond which may result to mosquito breeding, please call the Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito and Vector Control District at 1-800-429-1022.