CITY OF ELK GROVE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) REASONABLE MODIFICATION POLICY
In compliance with the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) the City of Elk Grove has developed a Reasonable Modification Policy .This Policy provides for reasonable modifications/accommodations to practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure that programs are accessible to individuals with disabilities. To view the Full Reasonable Modification Policy please click here.
e-van Paratransit Reservations and Cancellations:
Monday through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
24 Hours Per Day – Leave a message after hours (if requesting for a ride; you will be notified of a confirmed reservation next business day)
711 – through the California Relay Service
e-van is a service of e-tran and the City of Elk Grove.e-van provides services required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Services are funded with Transportation Development Act (TDA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) revenues.
e-van offers ADA service within the city limits of Elk Grove and to medical facilities in South Sacramento for passengers that are unable to board e-tran fixed route vehicles.
If you wish to register for e-van ADA services download applications or contact the Customer Service Specialist for an application at (916) 683-8726.
To follow up on the status of your e-van ADA application call (916) 627-3555.
View e-van Service Guide which includes:
- e-van Rider's Guide for current eligible users
of e-van and Paratransit, Inc riders in Elk Grove.
- All public transit operators in the United States offer paratransit service to meet the needs of the ADA. If you travel outside the City of Elk Grove, your eligibility would allow you to use the ADA paratransit system of any public transit operator in the United States for up to 21 days per year.
- Individuals that other transit agencies have determined to be ADA paratransit eligible can present documentation of eligibility from agency and receive e-van service up to 21 days per calendar year.
- Individuals with disabilities that do not have documentation of ADA paratransit eligibility may contact the City of Elk Grove Administrative Office at (916) 687-3009 to determine eligibility for the e-van service.
Hours of Operation
e-van is designed as a complementary paratransit service for persons with disabilities.
e-van will operate seven (7) days a week: Monday-Sunday and does not operate on Holidays.
|Monday - Friday
||5:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
|Saturday - Sunday
||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
When you make a reservation for a trip on e-van, you will be told the fare for your trip. You must pay your fare as soon as you get into the vehicle. You may pay in cash or with a 10-Ride Pass. If you are paying with cash, bring exact change because the bus operators cannot make change.
All passes are good for trips within the City of Elk Grove and to Medical Facilities in South Sacramento.
Passes, tickets or transfers for e-tran, Paratransit, Inc. or other transit operators are not valid on e-van.
||Single Ride (Local, one travel with a trip that begins and ends within the City of Elk Grove.
||10-Ride Pass (For trips that begins and ends ONLY within the City of Elk Grove.
| Monthly (Capped at 44 rides)
Passes or tickets for e-tran, Paratransit, Inc or other transit operators are not valid on e-van. Transfers are not issued or accepted for trips requiring the boarding or alighting of another paratransit service.
Purchasing 10-Ride and Monthly Passes:
You can purchase 10-Ride passes for e-van in the following ways:
- In person at
Elk Grove City Hall - Accounting Department
8401 Laguna Palms Way,
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Monday-Friday (excluding Holidays) 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Through the mail, by mailing a personal check or money order to the address listed above.
- Via fax, by faxing your credit card information and request to (916) 684-0912.
- Online here
e-tran Fixed Route Bus Service
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), e-tran provides fully accessible fixed-route service in the City of Elk Grove and to Downtown Sacramento. Seniors age 62 and older and individuals with disabilities can ride e-tran at a reduced fare. e-tran encourages individuals with disabilities to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that is provided by our bus system, which offers the following accessible features:
- Priority seating for riders who have difficulty standing while the vehicle is moving.
- Lift equipped buses to assist riders who use wheelchairs or have difficulty getting up and down the bus steps.
- One or two reserved wheelchair secured spaces on buses.
For e-tran transit information, please call (916) 683-8726, TDD/TTY users can call 711 or visit us online at www.e-tran.org
Other Demand Responsive Transit Service Providers in Sacramento Region
In addition to e-van, there are other demand responsive transit services for seniors and persons with disabilities available to you throughout Sacramento County. e-van can also provide access to Placer County, Yolo County and San Joaquin County. Contact the transit providers for more details on their service. Once you are certified on e-van, your certification is valid on the other transit providers that provide demand responsive services (as long as the certification meets the criteria established by that transit operator).
IMPORTANT NOTE: e-van is an ADA complementary service to e-tran. It is not a specialized medical transportation service and does not provide emergency service. In the event of an emergency, call 911.