Eligible Development Impact Fees
The following fees are eligible for a deferral under the terms and conditions of this program:
- Capital Facilities Fee;
- Affordable Housing Fee;
- Citywide Roadway Fee; and
- Citywide Fire Fee (subject to approval from Cosumnes Community Services District)
All Fee Deferrals must be secured by one of the following:
- Assigned passbook or certificate of deposit;
- Irrevocable letter of credit;
- Surety bond;
- Lien against the property;
- Negotiable securities if approved by the City Council; or
- Reservation of funds within the escrow account of the senior lender.
Market-Rate Single-Family & Multifamily Residential Projects
- Fees may be deferred to the close of escrow for each individual lot (only if the security provided is a lien on the property AND the City is the senior lien holder) OR 24 months, whichever is earlier.
- Fees may be deferred to a period of no more than 5 years from the date of permit issuance.
- The first three (3) years (36 months) of any deferral period may be interest-free and payment-free; repayment would begin at the beginning of the 4th year.
Other Requirements for All Projects
- Applicants for a Fee Deferral must have an approved project, defined as a project that has received final discretionary action by the City Council including completion of all environmental compliance requirements.
- No building permits will be issued until all fees are paid; OR a fee deferral agreement has been executed.
- Applicants are responsible to abide by prevailing wage laws, which apply to construction projects funded with public funds (See AB975).
- The Ordinance implementing the program will expire on October 28, 2018.
- For more information about this program, please call the City of Elk Grove Fee Deferral Program Coordinator at (916) 683-7111.