The Key to the City program is one of the City of Elk Grove’s highest honors to recognize outstanding contributions of notable Elk Grove natives and residents.
The “Key to the City” is a symbolic gesture of appreciation and welcome to a person or entity. Because it is one of the City of Elk Grove’s highest honors, the Key will only be presented in a manner that is consistent with the City’s vision, mission and goals.
The Mayor, or his/her designee, may present a “Key to the City” of Elk Grove to honor:
- An Elk Grove resident or entity with significant accomplishments in one or more of the following categories:
- Professional or amateur sports
- The entertainment industry
- Military service
- Public service
- Humanitarian efforts
- An Elk Grove resident reaching the age of 100 years
- A person who performed an act of heroism while in the City limits
- A dignitary or celebrity visiting the City of Elk Grove
Requests for a Key to be presented in recognition of circumstances other than those listed above will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All requests for a “Key to the City” should be submitted through the City Manager’s Office for consideration. For more information contact the City Manager's Office at (916) 478-3633.
Elk Grove Key to the City Application
Submit your nomination by downloading printable form, or submit using online Nomination Form below: