Options for Recycling Your Christmas Tree:
- Leave your Christmas tree curbside next to your grey green waste cart by 6 a.m. the weeks of January 2nd, and January 16th. If your tree is longer than six feet, please cut it into 3-foot or shorter pieces.
- After cutting your tree into 3-foot or shorter pieces, place your tree in your grey green waste cart. Make sure the trimmed pieces fit completely into the cart with the lid closed.
- Take your Christmas tree, free of charge, to the Elder Creek Transfer and Recovery Station at 8642 Elder Creek Road, Sacramento, between Florin-Perkins Road and Watt Avenue.
- Take your Christmas tree, free of charge to the Special Waste Collection Center at 9255 Disposal Lane, Elk Grove 95624. Open Sunday-Wednesday 9a.m.- 4p.m.
Preparing Your Christmas Tree for Recycling
Cut trees longer than 6 feet into 3-foot or shorter pieces.
- Remove trees from stands.
- Remove ornaments, lights, nails, tinsel and metal rod supports from trees.
- Artificial, flocked or “live” trees with root balls will not be accepted.
Call Republic Services at (916) 635-2500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.