Clean up and Hauling for Residents
Here are the options for clean-up and hauling at residences in Elk Grove:
- Self-haul your clean-up trash and recyclables in your own vehicle to an authorized facility. You get one free dump annually at the Republic Services (formally known as Allied Waste), Transfer Station, 8642 Elder Creek Road. Just show your driver’s license or a utility bill with your Elk Grove address at the facility.
- Annual Neighborhood Cleanup. Call Republic Services (formally known as Allied Waste) at 635-2500 to find out the date scheduled for your neighborhood. Click here for more information can be found.
- Call Republic Services (formally known as Allied Waste) at 635-2500 to schedule a bulky waste pick-up. The cost depends on the volume of material being disposed. Allied will advise you on when and where to place your bulky waste items.
- If a dumpster, or roll-off container, is what you need, call one of the registered commercial haulers for pricing and to schedule delivery of a dumpster. Dumpsters must be placed in the driveway and not on the street. A dumpster, or roll-off container, can remain in the driveway for a maximum of 7 days without a building permit. When there is a building permit, the commercial hauler is required to service the container every 14 days, at a minimum. Click here to see where a list of registered commercial haulers can be found.
- Items for donation can be picked up by anyone as long as they do not charge you for the hauling.
- A contractor, handyman or gardener/landscaper can haul away any trash that they generate while doing work on your residential property.
- A store selling retail furnishings can haul away the old items that your new purchase is replacing (such as carpet, cabinets, mattresses, home furnishings, appliances, etc.)
NOTE:If you want to hire someone to do clean-up work at your residence, they can clean up your property but they cannot haul the trash or recyclables away. Because of the exclusive franchise agreement with Republic Services (formally known as Allied Waste) for residential service (which results in the lowest rates for residents in the region), Republic Services has the exclusive right to haul materials from your home (#3 above). The exceptions to this are in #1, #4, #5, #6 and #7 above. (Foreclosed residential properties, when bank-owned can be serviced by any one of the registered commercial haulers, pursuant to State law.)
For questions on how or where to recycle certain items, please call us at (916) 478-2289.