The City of Elk Grove’s e-tran provides both local and commuter public transit service. The City is conducting a Comprehensive Transit Analysis that will be used to define the future of transit in our community and this survey is one way we will seek the public’s input. We want to know your thoughts on current transit services and areas for improvement that may be important to you and our community.
What you have to say is important in helping to make improvements and plan for the future. Thank you for your participation.
The review will ultimately determine how public transit may better meet the short-term and longer-term needs of the community including opportunities for transit service connections to the RT’s light rail service.
The project includes:
- A review of transit service needs and requirements and development of service improvement options to best meet the mobility needs of residents and visitors of the City;
- A review of current transit policies and procedures; and
- The development of an Action Plan to guide the implementation of transit service improvements over the next 5 to 10+ year period.
Public Participation Opportunities
Over the next several months, the City will be seeking public input on:
- The role of e-tran public transit in: (a) meeting the transport/mobility requirements of residents, visitors, employees, and others and (b) Light rail transit connectivity/enhanced commuter trips
- The delivery of current e-tran public transit services – local & commuter
Current Transit Services in Elk Grove
e-tran is Elk Grove's own bus system serving close to 1 million passengers/year with an annual operating cost of $7.5 million.Routes are coordinated with RT buses and light rail and South County Transit/Link (SCT/LINK) to areas outside the city. Main transfer points are at the Cosumnes River College, Meadowview Light Rail Station and Laguna Town Hall. Services are funded with Transportation Development Act (TDA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds.
|Commuter 31-Day Pass (Monthly)
|Local 31-Day Pass (Monthly)
|Route Deviation Request
ADA paratransit service (for individuals who do not have the functional ability to ride public transit) in Elk Grove and to medical facilities in South Sacramento is provided by the City’s shared-ride e-van service.
Customer Service: (916) 68E-TRAN or (916) 683-8726
TDD/TTY: 711 through the California Relay Service
Click to see project flyer