Appointment and Term:The commission shall consist of ten voting members, each appointed by the Mayor, with the approval of the City Council, pursuant to Elk Grove Municipal Code Chapter 1.03.
Youth Commission Advisor:
City of Elk Grove
Phone: (916) 478-2201
September 2016 through May 2017 Regular meetings will be held every 2nd Tuesday
of the month at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers.
Location:Elk Grove City Hall
8400 Laguna Palms Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Specific Task or Objective
Below are Council-approved objectives that the Youth Commission have been slated to address each fiscal year.
- Develop and maintain a three-year action plan outlining areas for study by the commission.
- Review issues relating to programs and services for children and youth.
- Identify and recommend priorities among programs and services for children and youth.
- Create a forum for discussion with children, youth and their families.
- Advocate for services and programs for children and youth.
- Make recommendations for programs, policies, and necessary legislation to promote the health and well-being of children, youth and their families.
- Work with the public and private sectors to bring forth the concerns of children and youth as well as evaluate programming that will enhance the development of children and youth.
- Develop a communication network to disseminate information about services to children and youth.
- Submit a quarterly report to the Mayor and City Council.
- Meet with their respective Councilmember once a month.
Youth Commission Ordinance
View Youth Commission Ordinance 30-2010