We want to hear from you! Our constituents are important to all of us at City Hall and we want to help you get in touch with us. Here are some tips on the best way to get your information to us:
When sending email to the City of Elk Grove, please keep the following in mind.
- Be very careful about what you put in the subject line. The subject line is the first thing that is scanned by our spam filter. Do not use characters or symbols. The shorter the subject line, the better. The spam filter is looking for words that are tagged from a national database of commonly used phrases and characters in spam.
- If your email is bounced back from our email server, you will receive an email notification. If you look towards the very bottom of the email, you will see a description of the reason. Some examples are scanned for a virus, no such user (which means you have the wrong email address), attachment size to large. If your message is bounced back to you, correct the item that is listed in the email and resend. Often times changing the subject line or double checking the email address will correct these issues.
- The City does not accept attachments that are 10mb and over. You can split the email into smaller messages, or you can contact the person you are trying to email and we can assist you in getting the file to staff.
- The body of emails are scanned by the spam filter after the subject line has been scanned to ensure that there are no attachments that contain viruses. It is also looking for common phrases of spam that are tagged in the national spam database. Make sure that your text does not contain slang words, symbols such as smiley faces, or inappropriate language.
- In the event you are still having trouble, you can email email@example.com to let us know. Please include your email address and who you are trying to email. We are able to assist during regular City Hall hours from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Do not forward the message that was blocked, as we will not receive it either. Please send a separate email that contains the information listed above.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
(Please continue to dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.)
You can also contact us online.